Fall is one of the best fashion seasons because it brings the end of summer, beginning of school, and the promise of a new year. We love to research and try new trends, which is a great excuse to amplify our wardrobe. Check out these fall fashions to get the best tips for which way to go.
1. The Cozy Sweater - Named a best pick by Elle Magazine, these soft and comfy tops are always a great choice. A few of the most notable choices are from Calvin Klein and J.W. Anderson, but you don’t need big bucks to indulge. Other great fall sweaters include cashmere blends, velvet, and wool.
2. Navy Peacoat - This little coat was named the leading fall fashion classic by Live About. With colder weather coming on, outerwear will probably be what you are most spotted in and can make or break an outfit. However, a navy peacoat (or any other standard color) goes well with just about anything from jeans to skirts.
3. Flannel Shirts - Whether your dress it up or down, a flannel shirt is a great way to throw some color and pattern into an otherwise bland outfit. Seventeen Magazine loves them and came out with 6 great ways to wear them including:
- With leggings and boots
- Tie another bold print around the waist of a flannel shirt
- Wrap the flannel shirt around your waist to compliment a graphic t-shirt
- Under a thick belt with a solid color
- Underneath a cozy sweater
- As a skirt
4. Stirrup Leggings - The “cold shoulder” of leggings, they are leggings that come with a sort of sleeve that goes under the foot. Even though the trend was introduced on the fashion runaway, stirrup leggings have been spotted in mainstream stores, such as the Gap and Target. While these stirrups are made to be worn under the heel of the foot, some have chosen to go bold with stirrups being worn underneath the heel of the shoe.
5. Wide Brimmed Hat - From the runaway to the street, these simple yet elegant hats are great for accentuating any outfit while adding both whimsy and practicality. Get one in black or brown so it will go with more outfits.
More on Must See Fall Fashions
No matter what the trend is, always have pieces that can stand the test of time. You never know which will come back.